1. Organization Bodies
Host: China Photographers Association, Henan Federation of Literary and Art Circles
Organizer: Popular Photography Press, Henan Photographers Association, Sanmenxia City Federation of Literary and Art Circles, Sanmenxia Photographers Association
Co-organizer: China Wildlife Conservation Association, birdnet.cn, Huanghe Times Press
Media: China Photo Press, Chinese Photography Press, People’s Photography Press
Tens of thousands of white swans gather here in Sanmenxia City, with its graceful lightness blending in the solemnity of the Loess Plateau, presenting a beautiful scene illustrating the harmony between man and nature. With works already created and to be created by photographers, the exhibition is to display the stunning moments of white swans and other birds playing and living in the Sanmenxia Section of the Yellow River Wetland.
China (Sanmenxia City) International Exhibition for Wildlife Photography
4. Call for Works
We call for works that capture the stunning moments of white swans and other wildlife through the lens of art and echo the harmony between man and nature in Sanmenxia, the City of Swan. Photographic works of white swan, other birds and wildlife in other areas than Sanmenxia are also welcome for entry. We call for entries as follows:
(1) White Swan Series
(2) Wildlife Series
(3) Series of Nature, Ecology and Man
(1) Entry is open to photographers and amateur photographers from all provinces, municipalities and autonomous regions (including Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, Macao Special Administrative Region and Taiwan Province) in China and overseas.
(2) Entering Methods
Only online entries are accepted. Enter the following website: http://www.pop-photo.com.cn/forum_622_1.html and click “post” to submit your entry. Make sure that the file of your entry is in JPG form, no more than 500k in file size, and 600 to 1,000 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 600 to 1,000 pixels tall (if a vertical image). You are expected to register before submission. Make sure to fill in your real name, correspondence address, mail address, phone number, and ID card number when registering. After registration, you can post your work in the entry area with the caption, the time and place of shooting, and a brief statement of your work specified. Entrants whom cannot be reached for lack of personal information are deemed automatically to have given up their participation.
(3) Please make sure to save the complete file of your entry. Complete files (in JPG form and larger than 8M in file size) of the entries shortlisted are required for exhibition. Entrants who fail to submit as required are deemed automatically to have given up their participation.
(4) The entrants shall ensure that he/she is the author of the work submitted and that he/she has independent, complete, clear and uncontested copyrights on the whole and parts of the work submitted. The entrants shall also ensure that his/her work does not violate the legitimate rights and interests of any third parties, including copyright, rights of portrait, reputation, privacy, among others. The entrants shall bear all the consequences and responsibilities arising from his/her submission.
(5) Deadline: From the date of release of this notice to 30 August, 2017. After the deadline, experts will be convened for selection.
(6) The hosts have the right to use the selected works (including and not limited to publications, exhibitions, CDs, thematic film and television programs, tourism promotion, thematic websites, etc.) in the form of reproduction, distribution, exhibition, screening, information network communication, etc., without paying any further remuneration.
Entrants are deemed to have agreed to all the terms of this notice. Works that do not meet the aforementioned requirements will not be included in the selection.
(1) The exhibition will include 120 entries and an award of 800 RMB will be offered for each. Entries selected will be published in the new media platform of Popular Photography and its cooperation platform PhotoChance.
(2) Entrant could be rewarded with credits in membership application for China Photographers Association according to CPA provisions.
(3) Personal income tax will be withheld from the remuneration.
The hosts and the organizers hold the right to the final interpretation of this notice.
Angel of Joy, Zhang Tianli
Valley of Freedom, Wang Hongwei